2006 marked the 20th Anniversary of the American Gold Eagle series. For the 2006-coin set, all four official weight denominations from the U.S. Mint Gold Bullion are included and feature the image of Lady Liberty. This coin series is immensely popular among coin collectors everywhere. Today, you can purchase the 2006 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FS online from JM Bullion.
- Each coin arrives in its own protective slab!
- 20th Anniversary of the American Gold Eagle coin series!
- Limited mintages available!
- Contains 1/10 Troy oz coin, ¼ Troy oz coin, ½ Troy oz coin, and 1 Troy oz coin. All coins contain actual gold content.
- Face values of $5, $10, $25, and $50 all USD and fully backed by the United States Government.
- All four coins are graded Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Includes First Strike label.
- Obverse features the image of Lady Liberty.
- Reverse shows a family of American bald eagles designed by Miley Busiek.
With the 20th Anniversary release of the American Gold Eagle coin, the fractional-weight coins suffered due to focus on commemorative sets in 2006. The 1 oz coin soared higher than the others, as the three fractional weights experienced a drop in mintage and demand. Previous years in the coin series also saw higher demand for the 1 oz coin compared to coins with fractional values.
The 2006 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FS features four coins, each with different values and weights: $5 (1/10 oz), $10 (1/4 oz), $25 (1/2 oz), and $50 (1 oz). All coins have the NGC MS70 grade. The Mint State 70 grading by the NGC means that these coins are perfect specimens. Even if viewed under a 5x magnification, these coins would show no flaws or imperfections.
The obverse of the 2006 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FS coins show the image of Lady Liberty walking forward toward the viewer. In one hand she holds a torch, while the other holds an olive branch. A circle of stars surrounds the image of her, and sun rays extend in the distance. The obverse also shows the year of the coin and the inscription, “LIBERTY”.
On the reverse of the 2006 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FS, a family of bald eagles is seen, designed by Miley Busiek. A female eagle sits in the nest, holding a hatchling, while the male eagle soars overhead. The reverse also shows the weight, purity, and value of the coin, and the inscriptions: “IN GOD WE TRUST”, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA”, and “E PLURIBUS UNUM”.
If you have any questions about the 2006 American Gold Eagle 4-Coin Set NGC MS70 FS, reach out to JM Bullion at 800-276-6508. We are also available via online chat or email.