The ratification of the United States, in which each state joined the Union over the course of two centuries, holds a significant place in U.S. history. Because of this, the U.S. Mint location based in San Francisco has decided to honor this ratification process with the release of the States Quarters Program. Since these quarters have been put into circulation, theyve been restruck and refinished so that coin collectors everywhere can continue to cherish these exclusive coins. Now, the 2000 U.S. Mint Proof Silver Quarters Set can be purchased right here from JM Bullion.
- All coins are packaged in a protective plastic sheet!
- Exclusive quarter releases from the United States Mint!
- Unique proof finish on each coin!
- All quarters contain actual silver content.
- The face value of $0.25 (USD) that each quarter holds is fully backed by the United States government.
- On the obverse of each quarter is the portrait of George Washington.
- There are five different reverse designs in this set, with each representing a certain state of America.
- When you buy from JM Bullion, keep in mind that your order may arrive without an outer shipper and/or Certificate of Authenticity.
The 2000 U.S. Mint Proof Silver Quarters Set is a special edition release from the States Quarters Program. Each coin in this set is made of actual silver content, with each quarter being struck in 90% silver and 10% copper. The special proof finish gives this coin great visual contrast for the viewer, since the background of the quarter appears mirrored while the design itself is frosted.
The United States Quarters Program was in circulation from 1999 to 2008. Each year of release, the U.S. Mint manufactured and distributed five different varieties of quarters, with each quarter having its own unique reverse design. These designs were created with special imagery to represent a specific state and something unique about it.
Each quarter has the same obverse image in the 2000 U.S. Mint Proof Silver Quarters Set. The portrait of George Washington is featured on this side of the coin, with his side-facing effigy visible to the viewer. This portrait was created in 1932 by John Flanagan and continues to be the featured obverse design on the U.S. quarter. Washington is known not only for his leadership as first president of the United States, but he is also one of the Founding Fathers of America.
There are five different reverse designs in this 2000 U.S. Mint Proof Silver Quarters Set, depending on which state the quarter is attributed to. The five states that have been honored in this Quarters Set are Maryland, South Carolina, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Virginia. Each quarter shows special imagery related to that state.
If you have any additional questions, our team at JM Bullion is here to help. Give us a call at 800-276-6508, or chat with us online via email or online live chat.