The Lunar Series I collection from the Perth Mint of Western Australia was an exceptionally popular series of silver and gold coins for sale that featured the distinctive designs of each lunar animal. With 12 designs in total, the collection ran for 12 years and offered new looks for investors and collectors. Right now, 2000 1 oz Australian Gold Lunar Dragon Coins from that series are available to purchase online from JM Bullion with a certification.
- Arrives in the protective plastic slab of the PCGS or NGC!
- 5th coin in the Lunar Series I release!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Original mintage of only 30,000 coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold.
- Bears a face value of $100 (AUD) backed by the federal government of Australia.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse features a Chinese dragon.
- Please note that buying multiples could result in receiving coins with the same grading house labels.
Each of the 2000 1 oz Australian Gold Lunar Dragon Coins in this product listing is available to you in near-perfect condition. Coins in Mint State 69 condition exhibit full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws present. Those flaws are limited in nature to minuscule contact marks or hairlines and limited in scope to only those areas outside of the primary focal points.
This particular JM Bullion listing has variety to it in that the Mint State 69 grade comes from either the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation. We do not guarantee which grading house label you will receive with your purchase. Please note you could get coins from the same grading house if you purchase multiples.
On the obverse face of the 2000 Australian Gold Lunar Dragon Coin is a depiction of Queen Elizabeth II. Here, Her Majesty is featured in right-profile relief in the Ian Rank-Broadley design that was created in 1998. This is the fourth-generation design for British coins and the fifth used on Australian denominations.
The reverse side of 2000 1 oz Australian Gold Lunar Dragon Coins bears the image of a Chinese dragon. The snake-like beast slithers up the vertical surface of the coins design field toward a flaming pearl that is visible within the design element. Inscriptions include the Mandarin symbol for a dragon, the weight, purity, and metal content of the coin.
The Perth Mint introduced its Lunar Series I collection in 1996. It ran until 2007 and was immediately succeeded by the Lunar Series II collection in 2008. Located in Perth, the mint is the oldest operating facility in Australia.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact JM Bullion. You can call us on the phone at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or email us directly.