The US Mint has produced an array of gold bullion coins, but their most diverse offering is the American Gold Eagle Series. Issued in 1986, it has gone on to become one of the best-selling coins in the history of modern gold collections. Today, JM Bullion offers to you the 1998-W 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coin!
- Delivered to you in a protective box with a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Available from 1988 to the present!
- Contains 1/4 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the United States of America federal government.
- Obverse features the image of Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- Reverse includes the bald eagle family design from Miley Busiek.
- Bears the W mint mark of the West Point Mint.
- Please bear in mind you may get boxes and/or outer shippers with minor blemishes, but all coins are still in good condition.
The Bullion and Proof versions of the American Gold Eagle Series have both been extremely successful and highly sought-after. They are available in 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz weights which all enjoy high demand and prestige. Augustus Saint-Gaudens and Miley Busiek are the famous sculptors credited for designing the obverse and reverse of the coin.
On the obverse, you’ll find the image of Lady Liberty. Augustus Saint-Gaudens originally envisioned his design for use on an ultra-high-relief striking, but the US Mint lacked that technology in the early 20th century. Instead, his design was featured on the $20 Gold Double Eagle circulation coin until 1933.
The reverse of the 1998 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle features the same design every year. Miley Busiek created an American bald eagle image that depicts a family of eagles around their nest, with hatchlings inside, a female standing guard, and a male flying overhead. Busiek’s image appears only on the American Gold Eagle.
Each 1998 1/4 oz American Gold Eagle coin in this listing is available is composed of 91.67% gold, 5.33% copper, and 3% silver with a face value of $10 (USD).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our customer service team at JM Bullion. Our team is available at 800-276-6508, or we can be reached via our online live chat and email address features.