The 1988 US Mint Prestige Set was one of the early Prestige Sets issued by the United States Mint. These coin collections came with cupro-nickel coins with proof strikes and often featured one or more special, commemorative releases. In the 1988 set, this included a commemorative silver dollar for the 1988 Seoul Olympics. Now, 1988 US Mint Prestige Proof Sets are available to you for purchase online from JM Bullion.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Coins arrive in a US Mint booklet!
- Includes a total of 6 coins in the set!
- Features a commemorative US silver dollar!
- Contains .7734 Troy oz of actual silver content in total.
- Issued individual face values in US dollars.
- Obverse visuals feature US Presidents on the circulation coins, and an Olympic theme on the silver dollar.
- Reverse designs vary on the circulation coins, with the Olympic rings on the reverse of the silver dollar.
- Please keep in mind the coins and booklet are in good condition, though some sets may be missing the outer box and/or COA.
The 1988 US Mint Prestige Proof Set featured a special commemorative silver dollar honoring the 1988 Summer Olympics. The Summer Olympics was hosted that year by Seoul, South Korea, and the US Mint included a 90% silver dollar in the 1988 Prestige Set to mark the occasion.
Most of the US Mint Prestige Proof Sets issued in the 1980s and 1990s included at least a silver dollar. These coins were produced in the same format as historic US silver dollars like the Morgan Silver Dollar and the Peace Silver Dollar. These coins add .7734 Troy oz of actual silver content to the set. The coins have 90% silver with 10% copper.
Obverse visuals on the coins in the 1988 US Mint Prestige Proof Set feature some familiar designs on the circulation coins in the set, with a special design on the silver dollar. The obverse of the silver dollar shows Lady Libertys torch lighting the Olympic torch.
Reverse designs on the 1988 US Mint Prestige Proof Set coins include the standard designs for the circulation coins, and a special Olympic-themed design on the reverse of the silver dollar. Here, olive branches frame the Olympic rings with the initials USA.
These 1988 US Mint Prestige Proof Sets come with a presentation booklet holding six coins in total. The set includes the circulation penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and half dollar, as well as the 90% commemorative silver dollar. All of the coins have proof visuals, with slight frosting and mirror-like fields.
JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508. Our team is also available online using our live chat and email address features.