From 1850 to 1907, the Liberty Head design theme was used on the coins of the Double Eagle Gold Series. The last entrant in the series, the $20 denomination known as the Double Eagle was introduced following the California Gold Rush and was largely used for large transactions between banks and large commercial transactions. Today, 1900 Pre-33 $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle Coins are available to you online from JM Bullion in certified condition.
- Available to you in PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- First issue of the 20th century!
- Issued by the San Francisco and Philadelphia Mints!
- Limited availability of certified specimens!
- Contains .9675 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- The face value of $20 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 62 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is a bust of Lady Liberty.
- The reverse side depicts the Great Seal of the United States.
- Please note you could get coins with matching grading house labels or mint marks.
In 1900, the United States Mint issued its first gold coins of the 20th century. For the $2.50 Quarter Eagle, $5 Half Eagle, $10 Eagle, and $20 Double Eagle, this meant the release of the Liberty Head design once again. For the $20 Double Eagle, 1900 marked the 50th issue of the coin. Though the other Eagles and the Double Eagle had the same Liberty Head design, the Liberty Head on the Double Eagle had been designed by James B. Longacre and based on Christian Gobrecht’s 1838 design featured on the other three denominations.
All of these 1900 Pre-33 $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle Coins are available in Mint State 62 condition. Coins in this condition have impaired or dull mint luster, clusters of small contact marks, the possibility of additional larger marks, and noticeable hairlines.
Please note that JM Bullion offers these coins to you with the possibility for varied or matching labels from either the PCGS or NGC. Additionally, the 1900 $20 Double Eagle was struck by Philadelphia with no mint mark and by San Francisco with an S mint mark. The labels and mint marks may match or vary on the coins you receive when you buy more than one.
On the obverse of 1900 Pre-33 $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle Coins, you will find a depiction of Lady Liberty. This left-profile bust shows Liberty wearing a crown with 13 stars and a 1900 date mark.
The reverse side features the Great Seal of the United States. This version of the heraldic eagle features a bald eagle with a large US national shield, the arrows of war in one talon, and the olive branch of peace in the other.
Please contact JM Bullion with any questions about these coins. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or email us directly.