The Hobo Nickel Silver round series designed by famed carver Mr. The launched in 2016, and has already met with immense popularity. In June 2016, the third release in the planned five-round series hit the market with the most intricate design yet. Today, the 1 oz Proof Skulls and Scrolls Hobo Nickel Silver Round is available on JM Bullion.
- Ships in a plastic capsule to protect the coin’s condition.
- Mintage capped at 10,000 rounds for global distribution!
- 3rd design in the Hobo Nickel Silver Round Series from Mr. The.
- Includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Obverse features a stunning skeletal depiction of the famed Buffalo Nickel.
- Reverse features the common hobo design from Mr. The, with skeletal design.
- Edge lettering and individual serial numbers on each round.
Mr. The is the world’s most famous hobo artists at the moment, creating all of the designs in the wildly popular series. This is the third design in a series that is scheduled to feature a total release of five unique designs.
The Skull and Scrolls design features a unique rim design that imitates the appearances of weathered scrolls, while his obverse and reverse designs have been altered to feature only the skeletal outlines of each figure. Additionally, each coin has edge lettering that includes the weight, purity, and metal content of the piece, along with an individual serial number up to 10,000.
On the obverse face of the coin is the right-profile of a skeletal figure, which imitates the Indian Head design from James Earle Fraser’s popular Buffalo Nickel. It includes engravings of the word “Liberty” and a year of issue as 1936, one of the last years the Buffalo Nickel was in circulation.
The reverse side of the 1 oz Proof Skull and Scrolls Hobo Nickel Silver Round is the image of Mr. The’s walking hobo from the second design in the series. In this case however, the hobo has skeletal features only on his visible facial area and his hand gripping the walking stick. Engravings include “United States of America,” “E Pluribus Unum,” and “Five Cents.”
If you have any questions about these latest Hobo Nickel Silver Rounds or any other silver rounds, please don’t hesitate to ask. A JM Bullion associate is available to talk at 800-276-6508, or you can connect with us online using our live chat and email features.