For those with a fascination with science fiction and fantasy artworks, the name Frank Frazetta is on the tip of most tongues and the forefront of many minds. Frazetta created countless memorable works throughout a career that stretched over many decades, and now his designs are coming to life again on silver rounds. Right now, the 1 oz Proof Frank Frazetta Legacy Collection Silver Warrior Silver Round is available from JM Bullion.
- There are only 10,000 rounds minted for this collection!
- Arrives in a protective plastic capsule and includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
- Struck in high relief as a stunning proof. Edge serial number.
- Contains 1 troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Recreated by Luigi Badia, an Italian sculptor.
- Obverse features the image of the Silver Warrior, famed for its use in Conan artwork.
- Reverse bears the common theme on Legacy Collection rounds, with Franks portrait.
- Authorized by Franks son through Frank Jr. Enterprises.
Frazettas artistic career started in his teen years during the 1940s, and was largely buoyed throughout his youth by his grandmother. He recalled later in life his grandmothers support and encouragement for all of his early designs.
One of his more popular and memorable designs was that of the so-called Silver Warrior, which debuted as the cover art for the paperback edition of Conan the Barbarian. It is considered revolutionary in the genre of sword and sorcery artwork, and helped launch his popularity.
The obverse of the 1 oz Proof Frank Frazetta Legacy Collection Silver Warrior Silver Round features the image of the Silver Warrior. The armor-clad warrior is shown riding his sled, sword drawn, while a team of bears pulls the sled.
On the reverse youll find the common design element of Legacy Collection rounds, which includes the portrait of Frank Frazetta, his birth and death year, and his name. An additional design feature is the logo of his son Frank Jr.s Seal of Authenticity.
Each of these silver rounds was struck at the Osborne Mint in Ohio, and hand fed into the coining press before being manually struck as many as five times to create a high-relief, mirror finish.
Please feel free to reach out to JM Bullion with any questions. You can reach us on the phone at 800-276-6508, connect with us online using our live web chat, or send us an email.