The only platinum bullion coin from the United States Mint is the American Platinum Eagle. Available each year in bullion and proof options, the Platinum Eagle once featured fractional-weight coins and even suffered a halt in the production of bullion coins that lasted five years. Right now, 1 oz American Platinum Eagle Coins are available to purchase online from JM Bullion with a PCGS certification.
- Arrives inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- Issue dates include 1997-present!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .9995 pure platinum.
- Bears a face value of $100 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM designation.
- Statue of Liberty on the obverse.
- An eagle flies over the nation on the reverse.
- W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
- Please be aware that purchasing multiples could result in receiving several coins with the same date marks.
Each 1 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coin in this listing is available to you with a near-perfect certification from the PCGS. Coins in PR69 condition exhibit full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Examples of acceptable flaws at this level are limited to minuscule contact marks or hairlines found outside the primary focal points of the coin.
A platinum coin with a DCAM designation is a proof specimen with incredible visual brilliance. DCAM stands for deep-cameo and refers to the strong, frosted design elements overlaying deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
This is a random-year listing from JM Bullion. We guarantee each of the available coins comes with the PR69 certification and DCAM designation of the PCGS. We cannot select specific date marks for you or corresponding designs. All coins are chosen at random once your payment clears. If you buy more than one, please remember you could receive several coins with the same date mark and designs.
On the obverse of all 1 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins is Lady Liberty. Most Proof Platinum Eagles have John Mercantis Statue of Liberty design from the bullion version of the coin, but recent coins in the series have modernized images of Liberty.
The reverse of Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins comes with a wide variety of possible designs. Early date marks have various images of the American bald eagle flying over the nation, while other design concepts feature symbols of government agencies and other core concepts of American life.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.