The Chinese Gold Panda is an ever-popular option with investors. Featuring a gold purity and weight backed by the government of the People’s Republic of China, the coin is particularly popular for its use of fresh designs of the Giant Panda species on the reverse side each year. Now, the 1 oz Chinese Gold Panda Coin is available to you in near-perfect condition to purchase from JM Bullion.
- Coin arrives inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS or NGC!
- Date marks range from 1982 to 2015!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure gold.
- Issued a face value of 100 or 500 (Yuan) by the People’s Republic of China.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 69 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse includes the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- On the reverse is the Giant Panda.
- Please remember you might get several coins with the same design, date, and possible additional labels.
Chinese Gold Panda coins were introduced in 1982 with the 1 oz gold coin available alongside the 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold coin. In 1983, the Chinese Mint added a 1/20 oz gold coin to the collection as well. From 1982 to 2015, the 1 oz Chinese Gold Panda coin was offered in the Troy oz weights. In 2016, the Chinese Mint shifted to Grams, with the 1 oz gold coin becoming the 30 Gram gold coin.
The coins were originally available with a 100 Yuan face value from 1982 to 2000. The Chinese Mint adjusted the face value of all coins upward in 2001 with the new face value for this weight set at 500 Yuan.
The obverse face of the 1 oz Chinese Gold Panda coins features the design of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. The coins always feature the image of this structure on the obverse each year, with the national name and the date mark inscribed on this face.
On the reverse side of the Chinese Gold Panda coin, you will find a new image of the Giant Panda species. These large bears are well-known for the black-and-white fur on their bodies, including black patches around the eyes with white fur on the face. The 2001 and 2002 coins are the only date marks in which you’ll find a repeat design.
These 1 oz Chinese Gold Panda coins are available in near-perfect condition. The Mint State 69 grade indicates coins that showcase full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Acceptable flaws at this level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines.
This is a random year, varied label listing. We only guarantee the MS69 certification on your 1 oz Chinese Gold Panda. All other factors, such as date mark and design, as well as additional labels, are determined at random when we pick and pack your items.
JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508. You can also connect with us online through our live chat and email address features.