The Australian Silver Koala is one of three primary silver coins for sale from the Perth Mint on an annual basis. Introduced in 2007, it came more than a decade after the 1990 debut of the Australian Silver Kookaburra and preceded the 2016 debut of the Australian Silver Kangaroo. Now, 1 oz Australian Silver Koala Coins are available in near-perfect condition for you to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Coin arrives inside of a PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- Available from 2007 to present!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 or .9999 pure silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (AUD) by Australia.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 69 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Queen Elizabeth II features on the obverse.
- Various depictions of the koala are on the reverse.
- P mint mark from the Perth Mint.
- Please remember that you could receive several coins with the same date mark and design when purchasing multiples.
Australian Silver Koala coins debuted in 2007 at the Perth Mint. The coins were originally offered as 1 oz silver coins. Over the course of more than a decade, the Perth Mint has tested out various other weights such as 2 oz, 5 oz, 10 oz, and 1 Kilo coins. Most recently, the Perth Mint has stabilized the series with 1 oz and 1 Kilo coins as the most popular options each year.
Queen Elizabeth II features on the obverse of all 1 oz Australian Silver Koala coins in this listing. Coins dated 2007 to 2017 have the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of the Queen wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara. The coins issued from 2018 to present have the Jody Clark design that depicts the Queen in right-profile relief with the George IV State Diadem Crown on her head.
All 1 oz Australian Silver Koala Coins have a depiction of the koala on the reverse. Often mislabeled in colloquially conversations as the koala bear, the koala is actually a marsupial and lives on eucalyptus. The Perth Mint uses a new image of the koala on the obverse of the coins in each year and has never repeated a design.
These 1 oz Australian Silver Koala coins have Mint State 69 certifications. A coin in this condition has full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Those flaws are located outside of the primary focal points and consist of minuscule contact marks or hairlines only.
The Australian Silver Koala coins available here are chosen at random. Coins from 2007 to 2017 in this series have .999 pure silver, while all coins issued 2018 and later have .9999 pure silver content. You may receive several matching coins if you purchase more than one.
JM Bullion customer service is available to assist you on the phone at 800-276-6508. You can also chat with us live online or simply send us an email with your inquiries.