Certified American Platinum Eagle coins can be difficult to come by, especially when you are shopping for fractional-ounce Platinum Eagles. The American Platinum Eagle is still available to this day, but it is no longer issued in 1/4 oz weights. Right now, 1/4 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins are available in near-perfect condition online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives in a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS!
- Struck between 1997 and 2008!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1/4 Troy oz of .9995 pure platinum.
- Bears a face value of $25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM designation.
- The obverse features a depiction of the Statue of Liberty.
- On the reverse are various designs including the American bald eagle and government symbols.
- Please note that you could receive several matching coins in this series if you buy more than one.
Each 1/4 oz American Platinum Eagle Coin in this listing comes with a PR69 certification from the PCGS. A PR69 certification indicates a coin that exhibits full, original mint luster and presents with no more than two minor detracting flaws. Examples of acceptable flaws at this level include minuscule contact marks or hairlines only and those must be located outside the primary focal points of the coin.
The DCAM label included with your purchase stands for deep-cameo and refers to the visual brilliance of the coin. These coins have a strong, frosted design element overlaying a deeply-mirrored, clear background field.
The obverse face of 1/4 oz American Platinum Eagle Coins bears the design of the Statue of Liberty. Created in 1997 by John Mercanti, the design focuses on the face of the Statue of Liberty.
On the reverse side of 1/4 oz American Platinum Eagle coins, you will find a number of different designs possible. These designs could come from series such as the Vistas of Liberty that featured new images of the American bald eagle in flight over the nation in various different regions.
Proof American Platinum Eagle coins are the only specimens from the United States Mint to use a new design each year. The Proof American Platinum Eagle coins are available with a W mint mark from the West Point Mint. The coins in this listing are housed inside of sealed protective plastic slabs. This is a random year listing. The coin you receive will come with a date mark between 1997 and 2008, though we cannot guarantee the date mark of the coin you receive. If you buy more than one, you could receive matching date marks and designs.
If you have questions, JM Bullion customer service can help. We are available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.