The only platinum bullion coin available from the United States Mint is the American Platinum Eagle. Introduced in 1997, the only coin available in the series in each year since that time has been the 1 oz proof version of the coin. However, the series featured three fractional-ounce coins from 1997 to 2008 that can still be purchased. Today, 1/4 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins are available to you online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Available to you with the NGC protective plastic slab!
- Issued between 1997 and 2008!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/4 Troy oz of .9995 pure platinum.
- The face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM designation.
- On the obverse is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse includes American bald eagles or other American symbols.
- Comes with a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please remember that buying multiples could mean receiving several coins with the same designs and dates.
The fractional-ounce coins were available in the Proof American Platinum Eagle Series from 1997 to 2008. That included three fractional-ounce coins in the bullion range. Both bullion and proof coins in these weights were removed from the program in 2009 as demand for silver and gold skyrocketed and platinum demand waned.
All of these 1/4 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins are available with a PF70 certification from the NGC. Coins in this condition have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws present on the coin. UCAM stands for ultra-cameo and refers to the presence of strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
These coins are available to you as a random listing. All coins are chosen once your payment has been processed. We do not guarantee specific date marks or designs for the coins you will receive, and if you buy more than one we cannot ensure that you receive varying designs and date marks.
On the obverse of 1/4 oz Proof American Platinum Eagles is a design known as Liberty looking to the future. Designed by John Mercanti in 1997, it features on the obverse side of all of the Proof American Platinum Eagles in the date range for fractional-ounce coins.
The reverse side of 1/4 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle coins come with varying images of the American bald eagle. For example, the 1998-2002 design series Vistas of Liberty featured the national symbol flying over various regions of the country with each new date mark.
Please feel free to reach out to JM Bullion with your questions. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.