Proof American Gold Eagle Coins are available to collectors on an annual basis with four weights to choose from when buying gold. The series includes a 1 oz coin and three fractional-weight options, among them the 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagle. Right now, 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins are available to purchase online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Arrives inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC!
- Available since 1988!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/4 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM specimen.
- Lady Liberty graces the coin’s obverse.
- American bald eagles are depicted on the coin’s reverse.
- “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint or “P” mint marks from the Philadelphia Mint.
- Please keep in mind you could receive several coins with the same date mark if you buy multiples.
Each of the individual 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins available to you here today comes with a perfect certification from the NGC. Coins in PF70 condition exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws found on the design elements or surface areas of the coin. Additionally, these coins earned UCAM labels. This stands for ultra-cameo and indicates the coins have strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear backgrounds.
JM Bullion offers you the chance to purchase a random 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle in this listing. We guarantee each coin has a PF70 certification and comes with a UCAM label, but the date mark of the coin or coins you receive is determined at random by availability within our stock.
The highest minted coin in the 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagle range remains the 1988 debut issue with 98,028 coins. There are no 2009 dated coins available as the US Mint halted all proof coin production that year. Conversely, many of the most recent release years have the lowest mintages in the series. For example, between 2012 and 2014, the 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagle never surpassed 15,000 in a given year.
On the obverse of 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle coins is Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ depiction of Liberty. This coveted design first appeared on the $20 Gold Double Eagle coin in 1907. The reverse side features a unique design of an American bald eagle in flight over the family nest and was created in 1986 by Miley Busiek.
If you have any questions, please contact JM Bullion. Our customer service team is available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.