The smallest gold coin for sale in the Chinese Panda Series is the 1/20 oz gold coin. In 1982, the Chinese Mint debuted its Gold Panda Series. That first year of availability offered only 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold coins. In 1983, the Chinese Mint expanded the series to include another common gold weight: 1/20 oz gold. Today, 1/20 oz Chinese Gold Panda Coins are available to you in near-perfect condition online at JM Bullion.
- Available to ship to you inside PCGS or NGC plastic slabs!
- Smallest gold coin in the Chinese Panda Series!
- Issued from 1983 to 2015!
- Limited availability of certified coins!
- Contains 1/20 Troy oz of .999 pure gold.
- The face value of 5 or 20 Yuan is fully backed by the Chinese government.
- Graded Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse side is a depiction of the Hall of Prayer of Abundant Harvests.
- The reverse field features images of the Giant Panda.
- Please note that you could receive coins with matching dates and designs when buying more than one.
The 1/20 oz Chinese Gold Panda Coin was available from the Chinese Mint from 1983 to 2015. In 2016, the Chinese Mint abandoned its use of Troy oz weights in favor of Grams. As such, the 1/20 oz Gold Coin in the Chinese Panda Series became the 1 Gram Gold Coin. The only other major change in the series came in 2001 as the Chinese Mint adjusted the face value of all coins in the series from the original values up to higher levels.
All 1/20 oz Chinese Gold Panda Coins in this product listing are available to you in Mint State 69 condition. Considered near-perfect specimens, these coins have full, original mint luster and come with no more than two minor detracting flaws. Those flaws are limited in nature to minuscule contact marks or hairlines located outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
Please note that JM Bullion selects these coins for you at random after your payment has been processed. We cannot guarantee the date mark and design on the coin you receive. If you buy more than one, please bear in mind that you may get coins with matching dates and designs.
On the obverse of 1/20 oz Chinese Gold Panda Coins, you will find a depiction of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. The design of the building from the Temple of Heaven Complex has been featured on the obverse side each year.
The reverse of the 1/20 oz Gold Panda Coins comes with an image of the Giant Panda species. Native to the central highlands of China, the panda is known for its black-and-white fur patterns. Each year, the Chinese Mint uses a new depiction of the Giant Panda on the reverse side of its Gold Panda Coins.
Please contact JM Bullion with any questions about these gold coins. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.