The United States Mint launched a companion series to its $1 Presidential Coins in 2007 known as the 1/2 oz First Spouse Gold Coins. Each release in this series features the image of a First Spouse on the obverse with a reverse design honoring the achievements of that individual. Right now, 1/2 oz US Mint First Spouse Gold Coins are available to purchase online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Arrives inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS or NGC!
- Available since 2007!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of .9999 pure gold.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- A First Spouse is depicted on the obverse or a depiction of Liberty.
- The reverse includes the achievements of the individual First Spouse.
- Additional varied labels possible, available from random years.
- Please keep in mind that buying multiples could mean receiving several coins with the same additional labels, date mark, and design.
Each of the 1/2 oz US Mint First Spouse Gold Coins in this product listing earned a perfect certification. The Mint State 70 grade indicates that each of these coins exhibits full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind.
This JM Bullion product listing offers you the 1/2 oz US Mint First Spouse Gold Coins from random years. The program launched in 2007 and last issued coins in 2016. The spouses of presidents in office since President George H.W. Bush have not featured in the series yet as those presidents have not appeared in the $1 Presidential Series to date. Additional varied labels are possible with your purchase, but none can be guaranteed to be present within the coin you receive.
On the obverse of these 1/2 oz US Mint First Spouse Gold Coins is an effigy of a First Spouse, starting with the 2007 release of the Martha Washington coin. All spouses feature in the order their partners appeared as President of the United States of America. Presidents Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, and James Buchanan have an obverse depiction of Liberty as these men were not married during their time in office.
The reverse of the coins includes a design meant to honor the achievements of the individuals who have held the title of First Spouse. Included in the design are only those elements that point to the accomplishments of the First Spouse while their partner was in office.
The United States Mint issues the 1/2 oz First Spouse Gold Coins in uncirculated and proof versions, but this listing offers only perfectly certified uncirculated versions of the coin as noted by the Mint State 70 grade rather than a Proof 70 grade.
If you have any questions when buying gold, please contact JM Bullion. You can call our customer service team at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or email us directly.