The American Platinum Eagle coins from the United States Mint differ in one major way from the other metal versions of the American Eagle Series. The Proof American Platinum Eagle coins are available from random years, which means that the designs you could receive in this listing vary immensely. Today, 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins are available to you online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Available to you inside of NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Offered from random years ranging from 1997 to 2008!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of .9995 pure platinum.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM specimens.
- On the obverse is the image of Lady Liberty.
- The reverse side offers a different design each year from various design programs issued by the US Mint.
- W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
- Please remember you could receive several with matching designs and date marks if you buy more than one.
Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins have gone through five different design programs between 1997 and 2020. However, since the 1/2 oz Proof Platinum Eagle was only offered from 1997 to 2008, it only features reverse designs from the Vistas of Liberty series that ran from 1998 to 2002 and the Foundations of Democracy series available from 2006 to 2008. The 2003-2005 issues had random designs of the American bald eagle or image of Liberty/Justice.
All 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins in this listing come to you with a PF70 certification from the NGC. Coins in this condition are considered perfect and showcase full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws. The UCAM label stands for ultra-cameo and refers to the strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
In this listing, JM Bullion offers 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagle Coins from random years. Your coins are chosen at random once your payment is processed. We cannot guarantee the specific design you receive and are unable to hand-pick varying coins if you buy more than one.
The obverse of 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagles includes the image of the Statue of Liberty created by John Mercanti in 1997. This design from Mercanti is offered on the obverse of both the bullion and proof versions of the coins.
On the reverse of 1/2 oz Proof American Platinum Eagles there is a new design every year. Only one design has ever repeated on the reverse of proof coins and that is Thomas D. Rogers bald eagle flying over the continent. This design is always on the reverse of the bullion version and appeared on the initial 1997 proof. Other designs include images of eagles flying over various regions of the US and depictions of the three branches of the federal government.
Please feel free to contact JM Bullion with your questions. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us online through our live chat, or send us an email.