One of the most diverse and popular gold coins in the world is the American Gold Eagle, the official gold coin of the United States, which is available in bullion, proof, and burnished versions. Featuring images of Lady Liberty and the American bald eagle, this coin is symbolic of America’s freedom, power, and majesty. Today, the ½ oz Proof American Gold Eagle is available to you online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives in a beautiful velvet case with satin lining.
- Includes a US Mint Certificate of Authenticity!
- Available since 1987 (no 2009 issue).
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Obverse features Lady Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- Reverse bears the image of a family of bald eagles from Miley Busiek.
- Includes the “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint or “P” mark of the Philadelphia Mint.
- Please keep in mind you could get boxes and outer shippers with minor blemishes, but the coins remain in good condition.
The ½ oz Proof American Gold Eagle coin was introduced in 1987, one year after the Proof Gold Eagle debuted in a 1 oz weight and one year before the other two fractional-weight coins were introduced in 1988.
In this product listing you’ll receive a 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Eagle in its original US Mint box with a Certificate of Authenticity. 1/2 oz Gold Eagles were originally produced by the Philadelphia Mint from 1987 until 1993 featuring the “P” mint mark. Starting in 1994 and continuing today, the 1/2 oz Gold Eagle is produced at the West Point Mint with a “W” mint mark.
The obverse of the 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Eagle coin is the image of Liberty created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. This design featured Liberty in full-figure relief as she guides the nation forward with her torch. Saint-Gaudens’s design originally appeared on the $20 Gold Double Eagle coin from 1907 to 1933.
On the reverse of the 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Eagle is the image of the American bald eagle. In this design, there is a nest with a group of hatchlings under the watchful eye of a female bald eagle. A male bald eagle is shown flying overhead. This design is exclusive to the American Gold Eagle series and was created by Miley Busiek exclusively for these coins.
JM Bullion cannot guarantee the specific year of issue for the coin you receive. We can only guarantee that it will arrive in its original box with a Certificate of Authenticity, and feature a year of issue from 1987 to 2008 or 2010 to present.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions. You can reach out to JM Bullion customer service at 800-276-6508. We’re also available online using our live web chat and email features.