Of the four coins available in the Proof Gold Eagle Series from the United States Mint, the two larger fractional-weight coins often have the lowest mintage figures. The 1/2 oz Proof Gold Eagle was the first of these three weights to be introduced and owns the fourth-highest mintage figure in the programs history. Right now, 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins are available to purchase online from JM Bullion.
- Arrives inside of a PCGS protective plastic slab!
- Available from 1987 onward!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/2 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Features a DCAM label.
- Lady Liberty s depicted on the coins obverse.
- A family of American bald eagles is found on the coins reverse.
- W mint marks from West Point or P mint marks from Philadelphia.
- Please note you may receive multiple coins with the same date mark when buying more than one specimen.
Each of the individual 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins available to you here today comes with a perfect PR70 certification. The PCGS issues this grade to coins that exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind present on the design elements or surface areas.
The included DCAM label from the PCGS indicates the coins feature strong, frosted designs overlaying deeply-mirrored, clear background fields. JM Bullion offers these 1/2 oz Proof Gold Eagles today in a random selection. We cannot guarantee the date mark of the coin you receive and cannot hand select different date marks if you buy more than one coin.
Please be aware of some differences in the 1/2 oz Proof Gold Eagle coins over the years. These variations are minor and involve changes the US Mint made to inscriptions and mint marks. Coins issued from 1987 to 1991 in this weight have Roman numerals for the date mark, with Arabic numerals used from 1992 onward. Likewise, coins issued from 1987 to 1993 have P mint marks from the Philadelphia Mint, with all coins issued from 1994 onward bearing W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
On the obverse of 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Eagle Coins, youll find the most iconic design of Liberty ever used on American coins. Designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, it depicts a powerful figure of Liberty walking forward from Washington DC with a torch in one hand and an olive branch in the other.
The reverse of all Proof American Gold Eagle Coins has the design of a family of American bald eagles from Miley Busiek. This design is exclusive to the American Gold Eagle Series and its bullion, proof, and burnished options.
If you have any questions about buying gold in this listing, please contact us. JM Bullion customer service is available at 800-276-6508, online using our live chat, and via our email address.