The American Platinum Eagle is the official platinum bullion version of the American Eagle coin series from the United States Mint. Introduced in 1997, the Platinum Eagles originally featured four weights in the investment-grade bullion version that included 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz coins. Suspended in 2008, the fractional weights never returned with the reintroduction of 1 oz coins in 2014. Today, 1/10 oz American Platinum Eagle Coins are available to you online from JM Bullion in perfect condition.
- Available to you inside of a PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- Issued from 1997 to 2008!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1/10 Troy oz of .9995 pure platinum.
- The face value of $10 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is a depiction of Liberty.
- The reverse side includes the American bald eagle in flight over the continent.
- Please not that purchasing more than one coin in this listing could result in receiving several of the same date mark.
American Platinum Eagles were incredibly popular during the first few years of production, but as platinum prices fell off during the early 21st century the demand for platinum bullion coins followed suit. In the final two years the 1/10 oz Platinum Eagle was produced, it sold 13,003 and 17,000 coins only. This was a bright spot for the series as all three other options sold less than 10,000 coins each in 2007.
All 1/10 oz American Platinum Eagle Coins in this product listing are available to you today in perfect condition according to the PCGS or NGC. Coins with a Mint State 70 certification showcase full, original mint luster and present with no detracting flaws of any kind.
This JM Bullion listing offers 1/10 oz American Platinum Eagles from a random year with varied labels possible. We cannot guarantee whether the MS70 certification on the coin you receive comes from the PCGS or NGC. You may also notice other labels possible alongside the MS70 grade, such as First Strike or Early Release. Available date marks for the 1/10 oz Platinum Eagle run from 1997 to 2008. If you buy more than one, please keep in mind you may receive several with the same date mark and additional labels.
On the obverse of 1/10 oz American Platinum Eagle Coins is a vision of Liberty. Created by John Mercanti, it focuses on the head of the Statue of Liberty. The reverse side bears a design from Thomas D. Rogers that shows an American bald eagle flying over the continent with the sun in the background.
Please feel free to reach out to JM Bullion with questions. You can call us at 800-276-6508, chat with us live online, or email us directly.