Elemetal Privateer Series Silver Rounds from JM Bullion
If you’re looking for silver precious metal products to invest in or as an addition to your personal coin/round collection, look no further than the products from the Elemetal Mint. The recently formed company focuses on producing silver bars and silver rounds, with the latter offering some of the strongest design options and variety in the industry right now.
Elemetal Mint may not have the brand recognition of some of its competitors, but it does combine decades worth of experience from three different precious metal facilities to put forth some of the finest products on the market today. In fact, Elemetal Mint is now the largest private minting facility in the United States. JM Bullion is proud to carry the Elemetal Privateer Series of silver rounds, available with various designs on our website right now!
Introduction of Elemetal Mint Silver Rounds
While the Snap Bullion brand is bringing exciting attention to the Elemetal Mint lineup of silver bars, its silver rounds are the real money maker for the company. Elemetal debuted two different silver round series in 2015, each one featuring 2 oz of .999 pure silver, and all rounds are struck in impressive high-relief proof versions.
The first of these was the Privateer High Relief Proof series. There is no announcement on the total number of rounds expected in the series, but to date there are a total of five different designs for 2 oz. High Relief Proof rounds available in the Privateer Series. The 2 oz Privateer High Relief Silver Proofs are all struck in ultra-high-relief versions, and made available in individual plastic slips for shipping, or in tubes with a total of 10 rounds per tube.
Design Features of the Elemetal Privateer Series Silver Rounds
The Privateer Series of Silver Rounds was the first major initiative from Elemetal Mint and Refining. These rounds ushered in a production run of silver rounds that feature ultra-high-relief strikings, which adds impressive depth and brilliance to the round’s design field by striking individual blanks under immense pressure.
An increasing number of silver rounds are hitting the market with pirate design themes. While many other products are standalone offerings, the Privateer Series focuses on a variety of designs that highlight life on the high seas. Each round bears a common theme on the reverse, with new designs visible on the obverse of each new release in the series. The available obverse designs at this moment include the following, in order of release:
- 2 oz Privateer High Relief Silver Proof: On the obverse face is the image of a privateer’s ship sailing on the choppy waters of the ocean. The ominous clouds in the background part just enough for the moon to peak through and provide light in the darkness of night.
- 2 oz Siren High Relief Silver Proof: On the obverse of this round, the same privateer’s ship can be seen again sailing on choppy seas with ominous clouds crowding the background of the image. In the foreground is the image of a beautiful siren, scourge of the ancient seas, singing her song to lure the men of the ship to their ultimate deaths.
- 2 oz The Captain High Relief Silver Proof: The obverse face of the round depicts the rugged pirate known as The Captain standing on a deserted island, with cutlass and treasure in hand. The open chest at his feet will be the resting place of his treasure, to be recovered later by himself, if he’s lucky.
- 2 oz The Kraken High Relief Silver Proof: On the obverse of the 2 oz. Elemetal Privateer The Kraken Ultra High Relief Silver Round you’ll find the image of a kraken’s massive tentacles emerging from the water to ensnare a passing galleon. There are no engravings on this face other than the frightening image of death that comes from the kraken.
- 2 oz.The Plank High Relief Silver Proof: The obverse of each of these silver rounds features the image of a poor soul who’s been sentenced to death by walking the plank. As the pirate captain stands behind him with a gun and sword out to push him along, the mutineer approaches the edge of the plank with his eye’s covered and hands bound behind his back.
For the reverse design in the series, Elemetal Mint choose a standard design for all Privateer Series silver rounds. Mimicking the Jolly Roger imagery, a human skull is set in the center of a ship’s wheel. Above the wheel is the motto of pirates everywhere, “No Prey, No Pay.” Below, the weight, metal content, and purity of the coin are engraved.
Background on Elemetal Mint
If you looked up Elemetal Mint’s founding date, you’d see the company was recently formed as a formal minting facility in July 2015, even though products with its brand name started appearing on the precious metals marketplace earlier in the year. In reality, Elemetal Mint is the conclusion of a years-long evolution that saw three major players in the precious metals industry collaborate to create the largest private mint operation in the United States.
At the heart of Elemetal Mint are three companies: Ohio Precious Metals, Provident Metals, and NTR Metals. First and foremost, let’s focus on Ohio Precious Metals. OPM, as it was once known, was formed in the southeastern corner of Ohio in the late 1970s. It quickly became one of the preeminent private mints in the United States, and made a name for itself producing gold and silver bullion products using not only environmentally friend production processes, but also recycled precious metals.
Provident Metals is a subsidiary of Provident Precious Metals LLC and was founded by request of customers looking for an online dealer offering an outlet for the purchase of precious metal coins and bars. Provident is a domestic and international bullion, currency, and numismatic dealer located in the Dallas area of Texas in the United States.
NTR Metals considers itself one of the largest global participants in the precious metals industry, operating in 75 global locations and serving more than 30,000 other companies. Its operations range from commercial refining to industrial recycling, refining, and precious metal production. The three companies combined to form Elemetal Mint, with Ohio Precious Metals taking on the Elemetal brand as its new name in July 2015.
Today, Elemetal Mint is the largest American-owned precious metals company in the world, providing both good deliver gold and silver bars, as well as low-premium silver rounds that open up the precious metals marketplace to a wide array of investors and collectors.
Purchasing Your Elemetal Privateer Series Silver Rounds from JM Bullion
You can complete your purchase of Elemetal Privateer Silver Rounds from JM Bullion using a number of payment methods. We accept all major credit/debit cards with the exception of American Express. Paper checks, bank wire transfers, and PayPal fund transfers are also accepted. Bank wire and PayPal transfers process immediately, while credit/debit purchases take an average of one business day, and paper checks take four to six business days.
Once your payment has been processed, your products will be released into our shipping queue. All JM Bullion products are packaged and shipped in discreet boxes to protect the identity of your purchased items. The US Postal Service and UPS handle all shipping of JM Bullion goods. Should your package become lost in the mail or stolen from your doorstep, we’ll work to provide you with a replacement product or refund of your purchase price. All shipments are free of charge for standard shipping, while expedited shipping is available at an extra cost.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us. A JM Bullion associate is standing by at 800-276-6508 to answer your questions. You can also connect with us online using our live web chat or email services.