Here at JM Bullion, we want to make sure customers are completely informed about our products before placing orders. Surprises are never good in our business, so we provide you with as many details about each of our products as we can; this way you know exactly what to expect when placing an order from our website.
To learn more about any of our individual products, visit the product pages and review the “Product Details” and “Product Specifications” tabs. If you have any further questions about any of our products, please contact us for more information.
Each of our products have a “condition” specified on their product specifications tab. There are four conditions of products we offer on our website:
- Brand New – Bars or rounds that are indicated as Brand New are are in shiny, flawless, and all around impeccable condition.
- Lightly Circulated/Varied – Products that are indicated as Lightly Circulated or Varied may be older bars that may have previously been bought and sold a few times. Varied products will contain just as much metal as Brand New products – the only differences are aesthetic. When ordering Varied products, you should be prepared for your products to have scuffs, specks of dirt, lesser shine, and other minor aesthetic flaws (that do not effect the value of the precious metal contained in the product).
- Brilliant Uncirculated – Coins that are indicated as Brilliant Uncirculated are in shiny, flawless, and all around impeccable condition.
- Proof – Proof coins are specially minted versions of coins that utilize unique dies and presses to create a polished, mirror-like finish. They are more expensive than their Brilliant Uncirculated counterparts.
- Graded – Graded coins have been assigned grades by NGC or PCGS, which are coin grading companies. These coins are certified to be of a certain condition, and will ship in a slab.
Each of our bars and rounds have a “brand” specified on their product specifications tab. There are two brand descriptions that may be listed:
- Varies – Bars that are specified as “Mint Varies” means that the products you receive were not minted by any specific mint or company. Expect to receive exactly what you ordered from a brand of our choice.
- Specific Brand – Any of our bars or rounds that list a specific brand on the specifications tab means that you are guaranteed to receive products from that particular brand/mint.
Each of our coins have a “year” specified on their product specifications tab. There are two year descriptions that may be listed:
- Varies – Coins that list the year as “Varies” means that the coins you receive will be from years of our selection. For example, if you ordered American Silver Eagles listed as Year: Varies, you may receive some coins from 1999, some from 2004, and some from 2008. The year will not affect the value of your individual products, but you may not end up with the latest edition of the coin.
- Specific Year – Coins that list a specific year means that the coins you will receive are guaranteed to be from that year. For example, if you ordered American Silver Eagles listed as Year: 2012, you are guaranteed that all of your coins will be the 2012 edition of the coin.
All of the product images on our site are example images. You are guaranteed to receive the product you ordered, but the images may be of a different brand of bar (if the bar is listed as “Brand Varies”), a different year of coin (if the coin is listed as “Year Varies), etc.
One of the most common questions we receive about our products is “How do I know the gold or silver I buy is real?” Well, fake gold and silver does exist – there is no doubt about that – but here at JM Bullion we take a great deal of pride in assuring the authenticity of each of the products we sell.
Here are a few of the reasons you know that items purchased from JM Bullion are real:
- JM Bullion buys from reputable mints and distributors, all located in the USA. The majority of our products are ordered in new condition from the mints who produced the items themselves. When not in new condition, all additional inventory is obtained from individual sellers, and is put through an exhaustive inspection process before being resold to the public.
- JM Bullion ensures that we are delivering products minted only by well-known companies. In most cases, fake silver and gold will be ambiguously stamped and labeled so as to confuse the buyer. We never carry these types of products. If you call or email us, we can provide you with a list of available brands.
If you have any further questions about any of our products, please contact us for more information.